Which pathways are offered?
- Business Marketing Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Support Representative
- Customer Service Representative
- Human Resources Specialist
- Management Consultant
- Independent Distributor
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Customer Service Representative—$33,750/year
- Human Resources Specialist—$60,880/year
- Management Consultant—$83,610/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) General Management Exam
- CTECS Workplace Readiness Assessment
- CTECS Idaho Business Management **
** Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.