About Our School
At Idaho Technical Career Academy (ITCA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there’s an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with ITCA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages ITCA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
ITCA at a Glance
Open to Idaho residents in grades 9–12
Personalized approach to education
Pathways in high-demand career fields
Dual credit opportunities
Preparation for industry certification exams*
As Idaho’s oldest online charter school focused on college and career prep, ITCA provides a powerful choice for families, regardless of where in the state they reside. Students gain a relevant education with real-world skills, preparing them for successful entry into the workforce and that allows them to more confidently choose a college major.
ITCA is a virtual career technical education charter school that provides an occupation-based sequence of instruction that helps prepare Idaho students to gain the necessary technical skills for careers in high-demand fields.
ITCA strives to create a virtual career technical education charter school that will provide an appropriately sequenced curriculum to equip students with the foundational academic and technical skills to enable them to pursue post-secondary education, achieve occupational certifications, or enter directly into the workforce.
The school’s focus on career readiness education will:
- Provide an alternative to academic-only virtual schools
- Provide career pathways to all students
- Provide Idaho industries with an educated and job-ready workforce
*Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in career and college prep for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.