Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
Which pathways are offered?
We offer the following pathway:
- Food Products and Processing Systems [PDF]—This pathway prepares students to discover new food sources, analyze food content, and develop ways to process, preserve, package, or store food according to industry and government regulations.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Food Buyer
- Agricultural Inspector
- Agricultural and Food Scientist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Farmers and Ranchers—$69,620/year
- Agricultural and Food Scientist—$62,910/year
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 13, 2018. Some of these jobs may require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification