Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
Which pathways are offered?
- Agriculture Food Processing Technology—This pathway prepares students to discover new food sources, analyze food content, and develop ways to process, preserve, package, or store food according to industry and government regulations.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Food Buyer
- Agricultural Inspector
- Agricultural and Food Scientist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Farmers and Ranchers—$67,950/year
- Agricultural and Food Scientist—$64,020/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification
- CTECS Workplace Readiness Assessment
- CTECS Idaho Ag Food Processing "Pilot"