Which pathways are offered?
- Business Web and Digital Communications—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Web Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Artist
- 3D Animator
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Web Developer—$69,430/year
- Graphic Designer—$50,370/year
- Multimedia Artists and Animators—$72,520/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)**
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Interactive Media Exam
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2015
- ACA Graphic Design and Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC 2015
- ACA Visual Design Using Adobe Photoshop CC 2015
- ACA Print and Digital Publication Using Adobe InDesign CC 2015
- CTECS Workplace Readiness Assessment
- CTECS Idaho Digital Communications
**Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.