Which pathways are offered?
- Health Science Pharmacy Technician—This pathway prepares students to assist licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Pharmacy Technician—$32,700/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Health Informatics Exam
- CTECS Workplace Readiness Assessment
- CTECS Idaho Pharmacy Technician