Which pathways are offered?
- Business Web and Digital Communications—This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Web Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Artist
- 3D Animator
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Web Developer—$69,430/year
- Graphic Designer—$50,370/year
- Multimedia Artists and Animators—$72,520/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Interactive Media Exam
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Web Authoring Using Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2015
- ACA Graphic Design and Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator CC 2015
- ACA Visual Design Using Adobe Photoshop CC 2015
- ACA Print and Digital Publication Using Adobe InDesign CC 2015
- CTECS Workplace Readiness Assessment
- CTECS Idaho Digital Communications