Business Management and Administration
Which programs are offered?
We offer the following programs:
- Administrative Support [PDF] —This program prepares students to work in an office setting to create spreadsheets; manage databases; prepare presentations, reports, and documents; and engage with customers and coworkers.
- General Management [PDF] —This program prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Business Information Management (Accounting) [PDF] —This program prepares students to work in a business setting with charts, data, and numbers and to manage money and finances.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Court Reporter
- Legal Secretary
- Administrative Services Manager
- Sports and Entertainment Manager
What is the salary outlook?
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample salaries include:
- Customer Service Representative—$15/hour
- Medical Secretary—$15/hour
- Supervisor of Office Workers—$24/hour
- Sales Manager—$52/hour
Which industry-recognized, in demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Business Information Processing Exam
- The NOCTI General Management Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Fundamental Business Concepts Exam
- A*S*K Business Institute Entrepreneurship/Management Exam