Idaho Technical Career Academy (ITCA) is an innovative high school—the first of its kind in Idaho—for college and technical career-minded students.
Powered by K12, our statewide online charter school is tuition-free, full-time, and serves students in grades 9–12. ITCA students gain exposure to relevant technical and specialty trade skills from courses built around four career paths:
Successful completion of these courses may help students prepare for industry certification tests after graduation.
In addition, ITCA's proven high school academic foundation features:
- An Individualized Learning Plan for each student
- K12's engaging, online academic curriculum
- Hands-on materials, books, and a school computer on loan
- Experienced, Idaho-certified teachers
- A robust Advanced Learner Program
- World languages
- Student clubs and social events
- Access to extracurricular activities and sports in participating school districts
- High school diplomas for graduates who meet all state requirements
Offering students an effective career technical education (CTE), ITCA:
- Is Idaho's first online charter school for college- and technical career-minded students
- Provides families an additional option to academically focused online schools
- Gives all students throughout Idaho access to college and career training
- Arms young people with relevant skills to put into immediate use after high school
- Offers a hopeful pathway for students who otherwise might not stay in school
- Prepares students to take industry certification tests upon graduation*
* Note: In some programs, it may be necessary for students to attend ITCA for at least two years to have enough exposure to career technical education (CTE) courses to be best prepared for certification testing. Microsoft Office certifications may be earned as early as after one semester.
What types of students benefit from ITCA?
Our individualized approach to learning, combined with focused CTE can benefit:
- Advanced learners
- Students who want to join the workforce after high school
- Students interested in career technical programs
- Students interested in a two-year CTE college
- Students interested in a four-year college
ITCA is a virtual career technical education charter school that provides an occupational sequence of instruction that will prepare Idaho students to obtain the necessary technical skills needed to succeed.
To create a virtual career technical education charter school that will provide an appropriately sequenced curriculum to equip students with the foundational academic and technical skills to enable them to pursue post-secondary education, achieve occupational certifications, or enter directly into the work-force.
The school’s focus on CTE will:
- Provide an alternative to academic virtual schools
- Provide career pathways to all students
- Provide Idaho industries with educated and employment-ready individuals.